How did I get so far behind? I guess chasing a 2 1/2 year old, almost 3 year old, and being in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy did it! But I'm back and going to do my best to catch everyone up on our busy summer.
Middle of May, we were able to travel back to Charlotte for my brother John's wedding. Sarah was such a beautiful bride and the day couldn't have been more fun. And Sarai was a great flowergirl. We love you guys and pray many blessings on this new chapter of your life :-)

Uncle John and Sarai
Nana and Sarai
This was the sweetest thing to watch. Daddy and Sarai dancing at the reception :-)
Since we made the 16 hour drive to Charlotte, we decided to vacation a few days after the wedding festivities and spend time with some of our friends there. One of those 
Papa and Sarai looking at the flowers

And of course, summer wouldn't be complete without some fun in the sprinkler! Sarai's best friend, Hannah, came over one hot day and they girls enjoyed some "cooling activities."

Early July, Grandma and Grandpa were able to visit for a few days and celebrate our nation's independence day with us. And since we had so much fun at the Fourth of July parade last year, we decided to brave the drizzle and go again this year. The parade was a little shorter this year than last but we all still enjoyed it!



Late July, Uncle Scott and our soon to be Aunt Addrienne came by for a quick visit while they were in town for the Cubs/Cardinals game. We enjoyed having the around for a few hours, treating them to Chicago pizze and showing them around our home.
Sporting the new Cubs gear Uncle Scott gave them for their birthdays. I can't say they are from Aunt Adrienne as she is a Cardinal's fan but we still love her despite her faults :-)And last but not least, August 5th we celebrated Sarai's third birthday! It is so hard for me to believe she is really 3 now. For some reason, this birthday has been more monumental for me. She is potty training (doing a great job too), becoming a big sister soon, riding a bike, having full conversations with people, calling our worship leader at church her boyfriend (Jarrett gets a kick out of that one) and I realized she will be going to Kindergarten in just 2 years (which seems too soon!). I'm sure my pregnancy hormones are influencing the emotions some too :-)
Sarai was so embarrased when her friends sang Happy Birthday to her, she covered up her eyes. Silly girl!
Birthday friends decorating cupcakesSo there you have some of the highlights from our summer! My pregnancy is still going well and I'm just now getting to the more uncomfortable weeks. But I can't complain. I'm still sleeping well for the most part and have had great reports from the doctor. So now we just wait! Ten more weeks though if he or she decided to come a week or two sooner, I wouldn't complain.
Oh, and did I mention we decided to remodel the kitchen this summer to? Because what's more fun than being pregnant, potty training a toddler and remodeling a room in your home at the same time! Countertop should be installed in a few weeks and we are hoping to paint Labor Day weekend. I will post pics of before and after when the project is complete!










3 comments:
OH MY WORD! She's HUUUUGE! We can't go too much longer without seeing you guys. I think we should both work it out that we "have" to be at Preaching & Teaching.
Don't worry too much about Kindergarten. I'm actually really excited for Josh to start Kindergarten! I think by this age they really need someone to help feed their constantly working little brains to give Moms a break. Joshua is talking or asking questions just about 24/7 right now. I'm really glad someone else will be answering them a few ours each day! :)
What a great post! I love all the pictures. I'm having a bit of a hard time imagining John as being old enough to be married, though. Wow.
But ya know what you missed, right? We need a pregnant tummy pic of you! These pics were taken earlier this summer & you don't look pregnant yet! Gotta post one, ok?
Post a Comment