Growing up in my house, Saturday mornings we always ate breakfast together as a family. Mom would make a big spread consisting of a variety of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, and waffles. And on special mornings, mom would make us kids Mickey Mouse pancakes! We thought they were the bomb and we were always excited when mom decided to make them. Mike and I have tried to continue with this tradition of Saturday morning family breakfasts in our home. So this morning I decided to attempt the Mickey Mouse pancakes for the first time as a mom. Sarai discovered Mickey Mouse several months ago so I was hoping she would recognize who it was. And she did! Though I'm not sure if she was more excited about the pancakes or the strawberries and cool whip on top :-) Thanks mom for making us kids Mickey Mouse pancakes growing up...maybe you can make them for Sarai next time we are in Texas!
Strawberry eyes, a yogurt raisin nose, and a chocolate chip mouth



9 comments:
Thanks for posting these pictures. I miss her terribly. Give her a kiss for me.
Papa
How sweet!!! She just gets cuter and cuter...if it's even possible!
Too cute! You did a great job. Sarai just gets more and more beautiful.
This makes me want to have pancakes for dinner :)
I'm sure she will appreciate adn carry on the tradition ♥
So cute! That is really fun! Did you know they actually make pancake 'molds'? My parents had micky mouse, a heart, and a dinosaur. They were a hit when we were younger!
Pretty sweet - and Sarai is cute too! Helpful hint for the future if you want to get more intricate with your designs, just cook the pancake normal and take some scissors to it, you can make all kinds of cool things. I learned that at Valentine's Day one year, I thought I'd be all cool and make heart pancakes for the kids. That lasted about 2 blobs worth, I stink at it! So, I got frustrated and took some scissors to them and poof! Easy! I'm all about lazy...
I can't believe you are trying to resurrect the phrase "the bomb" :P. Well done, Mommy! I'm always sad to have to cut them up since they're so much work. I'm glad Sarai is getting to enjoy the beauty of a Saturday morning breakfast with Mom and Dad:)
Oops! I just realized that I posted the other day under my work blog! MortgageChampions is me. :) Oops!
Those Pancakes look awesome! What a fun thing to do. She looks like she really enjoyed them.
Post a Comment