CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Treasuring the Moments

Most of you have probably heard by now that Steven Curtis Chapman and his family lost their precious little girl, Maria, in a tragic accident last night at their home. If you would like to learn more, you can go to http://www.tennessean.com

I don't know the Chapman's personally but what I do know is their family is precious to them. Anyone who has heard his music on the radio or experienced one of his concerts knows this. As I sat at my computer and read the news article last night, my heart broke for their family but it also caused me to reflect, "Am I treasuring every moment I have with Sarai?" Several times this week, a still small voice prodded me to stop what I was doing and just be with Sarai. Put down the sponge and have a tickle fest. Turn off Oprah and read a book with her. Get off the couch and go play outside. I think that was the Holy Spirit reminding me to treasuring these moments. We truly don't know when we will breath our last breathe. I want to live each moment with Sarai and Mike as if this could be my last breathe. Treasure the moments.

2 comments:

Evie Evie Amber said...

I agree! My heart goes out to the Chapman family. We are so fortunate to have the people God has placed in our lives.

I think you are an excellent mother and I know Mike and Sarai appreciate your dedication to them.

Thank you for reminding us of how precious our time is and to soak up every moment!

Sarah said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It breaks my heart when Noah looks and me when I'm on the computer and he says, "Mommy up!" That means he wants me to come and play. And nothing is more important then spending time with my family.