Oh my goodness! What a fun day of celebrating! We spent the morning and early afternoon with our friends Tim, Mary Beth and Hannah. Sarai and I met Hannah and Mary Beth in our mom's group and became fast friends. Mary Beth found a parade south of us about 25 minutes in Vernon Hills and Tim figured out all the logistics. We met up at 8 and made our way to the parade. Neither of our families having gone before, we weren't sure what to expect but it was a wonderful parade and I think the girls really enjoyed themselves. Plus we couldn't have asked for nicer weather today! We saw firetrucks both retired and new, a man on stilts and a man on a unicycle, all different kinds of floats, cheerleaders, bands and we even saw Elmo. I think the entire parade was almost an hour and half long. Oh, and lots of people were throwing candy from their cars and floats so we collected a nice little pile :-) After the parade we headed back to our place for BBQ chicken, pasta salad and homemade strawberry ice cream with brownies. Need I say more! It was such a great day and so much fun to spend it with friends. Now Sarai is fast asleep napping and Hannah went home to take a nap too. Hopefully it will warm up enough this afternoon for Sarai to go swimming in her pool daddy filled up yesterday! The girls were hoping to take a dip after lunch but the water was still a bit chilly. Hope everyone had a great holiday as well. Enjoy the pictures from our day and God Bless America!
Hannah brought her wagon along so she and Sarai could ride in it on the way to the parade. Thanks Hannah!
Hannah and Sarai enjoying the parade
Clapping for the bands
Just a cute picture of Hannah enjoying the day
Neat old firetruck









5 comments:
What a fun day. You are very blessed to have met a nice family you can hang out with. Having kids the same age is a bonus!
I think Elmo's been taking some steroids... but that's just me! :)
I'm so glad you had great events to go to and great friends to spend the day with! The pictures are perfect! Love the Foster Family pic :)
It looks like you guys had a great time. Isn't it nice to have close friends who have kids the same age? I think it helps alot.
Such cute pictures!
Post a Comment