CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

6 Things You Might Not Know About Me

Sarah, my cousin through Mike, tagged me for a game. So here are six things you probably don't know about me.

1. One of my secret pleasures in life is painting my toenails. I love going to the store, picking out a new color and trying it out on my toes. Having my toes look pretty makes me feel special. I recently bought a new shade called Sunrise, Sunset. It is a great iridescent orange!

2. I have become a kid's consigment sale addict! I started going a year and half ago on an invitation from my friend Caron who had a daughter a few months older than Sarai and the rest is history. All the ones we went to were put on by local churches. I'm sad to say that people here in Chicago don't do consignment sales like those in Charlotte. I've actually joked about flying back to NC this fall to hit all the good ones! The trade off is that people are way more into garage sales here so I guess I will have to start learning to love them instead :-)

3. I'm an ice cream snob. Blue Bell ice cream (not to be confused with Blue Bunny) won my heart 18 years ago when my family moved to Texas and there is no other cream like it! Unfortunately they do not sell Blue Bell here in Illinois yet but I'm hoping to see it soon. About three years after we moved to Charlotte, it came to NC so I'm hoping it follows me here as well. If you want any advice on good flavors to try, just ask!

4. I'm a little bit nuts about watching the price of gas...which is funny now that we live in Illinois and it is a bit more expensive here compared to NC. In high school, my friends from youth group would give me a hard time when we went on trips and I was always looking to see what the price was wherever we happened to be. So Jamie, what's the price of gas in Uganda these days :-)

5. I LOVE to snuggle and I'm so excited that Sarai is to the age where she likes to snuggle. So now our morning routine includes me and Sarai, a cup of coffee for me and a glass of milk for her, Sarai's big Winnie the Pooh fleece blanket and My Friends Tigger and Pooh on Disney. Some of my favorite memories are snuggling on the couch with my mom watching Little House on the Prairie.

6. And lastly, I really didn't want to move to Chicago...actually, God and I had several heated discussions about it. But God continued to gently prod me and change my heart and now I can't imagine being anywhere else. Yes, I miss all my friends in Charlotte and the beautiful Smokey Mountains but God is revealing everyday so many new things to me. Through his creation, new friendships and a desire to see the people of Warren Township love Him with all their heart. Thanks for being patient with me Lord :-)

Hope you learned something new about me! I have "tagged" three friends Tonya, Lori and Anne.

Rules of Engagement:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad to played!! I didn't know these things about you, which being that we are family I would like to know you more. I feel the blog is a great way of knowing more about you and Sarai. Mike, I've known forever and adore, as I have grown to adore you as well since you guys got married. Thanks again for participating and sharing with all of us!

Emily said...

That was fun to read Eskai! Good idea.

Lori Lynn said...

You stinker. But I did it.