CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Let's Party!

This past Saturday afternoon we had six of Sarai's friends over plus their families to celebrate her 2nd birthday. And we had a great time! We went with a Winnie the Pooh theme since he is currently her favorite character and I gave my best shot at decorating a cookie cake with Pooh. One of our friends from church just happens to be a beautiful cake decorator so she gave me a few pointers and some extra supplies. I think it turned out pretty good. Sarai knew who it was and that was all that mattered to me! Thanks for your help Nicole Pickle! Another friend who just happens to go by the name Nicole as well borrowed a Little Tikes bounce house from a neighbor and it was a great hit with the kids! Sarai actually cried when we had to take it down because we felt a few random raindrops. Mind you, it had been up for almost 3 hours at that point and they had been playing in it almost non-stop. Thanks Nicole Brown! Last year we had our guests bring gifts for the local crisis pregnancy center in lieu of gifts for Sarai. This year we asked them to bring gifts for the nursery/toddler area for the new church campus. Everyone brought great stuff and I'm excited to see the kids playing with the toys later on in November at our launch.

We could not have asked for a more beautiful day or better friends to celebrate with. It was so much fun to watch Sarai "get" the whole party thing and understand we were celebrating her life. It has been such an amazing 2 years between her birth and God moving us into church planting. Who knows what the next 2 years will hold?!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like she had a blast. I can't believe she's 2 already. And the cookie cake - I saw the picture before I read the post and thought it was store bought. You did an amazing job! Sara W has a talent for decorating cakes as well. Happy Birthday Sarai!

Emily said...

What fun! I love the idea of giving gifts that you will give to the church. Very cool!! Great job on the cake as well. I'm super impressed!

jstnwallace said...

awesome job with the cake! you could open up a business with that talent!! :-) I love the pics and it did look like a perfect day for a party!

Evie Evie Amber said...

That cake was a-freaking-mazing. Way to go mommy! Sarai just gets cuter and cuter!