CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Update on House Stuff

We close on Thursday afternoon! I can't believe it has already been a month since we first walked through the house and in just three short days, we will be home owners again. The bank did accept our request to lower the price of the home by $4000 to cover the cost of replacing the HVAC which was an answered prayer. They didn't even counter it! Makes me wish we asked for $5000 but I'm thankful we got what we did. We started out there hoping we would meet in the middle somewhere so the fact they took it, no questions asked, I shouldn't complain :-)

My parents are flying in on Wednesday and I'm excited for them to be here for the closing. Not only because we don't have to find a sitter now for Sarai but my dad is one handyman and he already has agreed to help us get some of the little things done around the new place while he is here. Thanks dad!

Even though we are closing this week, we don't plan on being fully moved in till September 20th. We are going to take this next week to deep clean the place/do some odd jobs that need to be taken care of, the following week we will be on vacation (Hallelujah!) and then the third week we will begin the official moving process.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers! God has blessed us with a beautiful home and I'm excited to get our family settled finally here in Chicago. I ask now that you pray for God to use our home to bless others as we reach out to show His love to the Warren Township area. Love you all!

4 comments:

Anya said...

congrats on the new house! I'm sure it will be nice to have your parents in town to help you get settled! by the way, Sarai is adorable!

Evie Evie Amber said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly during the move and that you enjoy seeing your family :)

Emily said...

Sounds great! I'm sure the vacation will be well deserved after all of the stress of buying your home. Hope you enjoy!

Greg said...

Good luck with the house and say hi to your dad for me!

Uncle Greg