CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lunch with Mark and Jamie

Back in the middle of December, we had the opportunity to have lunch with one of my dear friends, Jamie, and her husband, Mark. I have known Jamie for about 17 years now which is so hard to really comprehend. Seems like yesterday we were at church camp together. After graduating from college, Jamie spent several years with a team of missionaries in Uganda. It was there she met her husband, Mark. They are currently home on furlough and were lucky enough to have a layover in Chicago while on their way back to Texas from a visiting one of their supporting churches. So we took advantage of the time they had in our neck of the woods and rode the Metra train down to the city to take them out for Chicago pizza!

Sarai LOVES riding the train into the city. Here she was entertaining herself with some goofy faces.

Mark and Jamie's train was running a bit late so we bummed around Union Station for awhile. Sarai enjoyed the long benches she could sit, climb, lay, and play on.

She also found the LONG staircase that took you up to street level. She would have gone up and down them all day if we had let her.

The beautiful decorations throughout Union Station

Cute shot of Sarai and me :-)

Jamie and me

Here's the happy couple! I wasn't able to attend their wedding so this was the first time I had met Mark and the first time they had met Sarai. Mark's a great guy Jamie and I am so happy for you!

It was a quick visit over Jimano's pizza but so worth it. I'm so glad we were able to get together with them :-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like you all has a wonderful time.

I just watched a cooking show about Chicago Style Pizza (which ironically I have never eaten as many times I have been to Chicago). So, I made my own and my family LOVES it!

I think Noah and Avery would LOVE to ride the train as well. They (especially Noah) LOVES airplanes - he can't seem to get enough of them.

Unknown said...

Awww, Mark and Jamie! So glad you got to see them. I'm sitting in one of their teammates' house in Kampala right now; it's so crazy when two of my worlds collide!

Meghan said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. It IS a small world! Sarah's great, isn't she?

I looked at the website, and it looks fantastic! I'm so excited about it - what an amazing resource!

Thank you for your prayers...we'll be praying for you guys and your plant as well!:)