CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Family Fun Day

Yesterday was beautiful here in northern Illinois. I think summer might actually be here! So we decided to pack a picnic lunch and head to the park. The only problem was we had trouble deciding which park we wanted to go to! I love that about this area. There are parks everywhere and they are all great. We ended up heading to the Warren Township Park which is less than five minutes from our house. They have an amazing playground and the biggest sandbox I have every seen. Of course, Mike said the beach has a bigger sandbox :-) We purposely ate at a picnic table out of sight from the playground because we figured if we didn't, Sarai wouldn't eat a thing. She still didn't want to eat because she saw all the toys as we pulled in. Oh well! Who needs food when you have ten different slides to choose from! After about two hours of fun, we headed home for naptime. When Sarai woke up, we ran to Target to pick up a few things and then headed back home for a sweet treat: ice cream cones! I found the cutest ice cream cones at Wal-Mart the other day and they are the perfect size for an almost 2-year-old. This was actually Sarai's first cone of her own. She has had plenty of ice cream but mommy hasn't gotten brave enough to let her have her own. So to usher in this wonderfully warm weather, we decided to break out the cones. And of course, she loved it! Though I had to remind daddy to not eat all his in one bite so that Sarai could see how to eat one herself. And she did a pretty darn good job. I think we only lost one drip! Enjoy the pics.















5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a fun day! If you're ever in the mood for a cone when you're up here, Shirl's has a great kid's size cone. It's 69 cents, I think and small enough for Jeremiah. We just did the same thing the other day! Yay for warmer weather!

Evie Evie Amber said...

Hooray for beautiful weather and a trip to the park. I love merry go rounds and swings. Those pictures of Sarai make her look so grown up! I really enjoyed the pictures of the apple whole and the tot sized ice cream cones.

I'm so glad you and Sarai have some new friends.

I look forward to hearing about your surgery soon!

Sara said...

what a fun day!! did you find the cones that are about 2 in or less??... we have those, and they are GREAT! zion (who is four) even has those! it's nice because they get a treat without having a TON of sugar in a bigger cone which would have more ice cream too.... you're a good mommy!;)

Emily said...

What a beautiful little girl you have. Sarai looks like she enjoyed your fun day out. I'm jealous because her hair is so beautiful and tame. After a day of fun at the park my Gracie usually has a wild head of hair! :-)

Sarah said...

It looks like you all had a blast. She is getting so big, and she's beautiful!