CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Apples, Pizza and Playgroup

We have a friend that we go to storytime with at our local Border's Books and her daughter, Ava, was eating an apple whole the other day. It had never occured to me now that Sarai has 12 teeth, she can probably eat an apple without cutting it up. So at lunch, we decided to give it a try and Sarai thought it was great to eat at apple like her daddy eats one. And what surprised me is that she ate 80% of it! I took a few bites to help her get started and she shared a few bites with Mike but the majority of it she ate herself. So now all she wants are whole apples. We might have to try a pear this week!

So focused :-)

Proud of her accomplishment

One of the things we were so excited to have now that we live in the greater Chicago area is Lou Malnati's pizza and there just so happens to be one a few minutes down the road from us. If you have never had Chicago deep dish pizza, there is nothing like it and Lou Malnati's is the best in our humble opinion :-) We have been here for over a month now and just finally last week, ordered our first pizza as residents of Chicagoland (Mike ate LM growing up and we had it on our trip to Chicago in 2006). It was sooooooooo good!



Sarai enjoying her pizza

Before we moved, I got online and joined a mom's group in the area where we are now living. It has been such a life saver for me and I have really enjoyed connecting with other moms. We have weekly playgroups and now that it is starting to warm up outside, we decided to meet at the park rather than in our homes. Sarai and I have really connected with one of the moms, Mary Beth, and her daughter, Hannah. Hannah is a couple months younger than Sarai but smart as a whip and she and Sarai have become quite the pair. So I thought I would share few pics of the friends Sarai and I are making in our new home.

Mary Beth and Hannah on the merry-go-round


Sarai and Hannah playing in the world's largest sandbox. It really is huge. Look behind the girls and you can see how far it goes!




1 comments:

Nicole said...

We'll definitely have to come check out the sandbox! We bought buckets and now I can't keep Jeremiah out of the garden dirt in the backyard. When fall comes around (since we probably won't be here) you have to take Sarai to Apple Holler. It's a little north of Kenosha on 41, I think, in Wisconsin. They have acres and acres of apple trees where you can pick your own. The boys had a blast doing that last year. Sarai would love it! You can eat all the apples you want off the tree while you're picking. You can have her try like 10 different kinds of apples!