CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On Being a Flower Girl

As many of you know, this has been a crazy month for us and I will have to ask your forgiveness for not updating my blog for three weeks. I really didn't mean to go this long but then again I didn't plan on having my gall bladder removed a week before heading to Texas for my brother's wedding either! Oh well. I'm back now :-)


We headed to Texas for my brother Philip's wedding on June 14th and we had the wonderful opportunity to experience life as the parents of a flower girl. What a trip! Now remember, Sarai is only 22 months old so we were just hoping to get her down the aisle happy. She did great at the rehearsal and we prepared ahead of time for Mike to "help" her down the aisle if need be. The first run through, she went down all my herself and the second time, she got halfway down and then Mike walked with her the rest of the way. Needless to say, we were excited and hoped she would do as well the next day. And of course, our hopes were dashed but it was mostly my fault. The ceremony was at 2 which is right in the middle of Sarai's usual nap so we put her down for an early nap at 11:15 and she slept till 12:30. So at this point, we thought we were doing good. Then she asked for a drink of milk 15 minutes before she was supposed to go down the aisle. I had remembered to give her a snack before and after her nap but had completely forgotten to offer her something to drink. And of course, she didn't want to give her cup back to me. She then began to whine and cling to me which is when we decided it might be best for all three of us to walk down the aisle together. So I carried Sarai, Mike carried the basket and Sarai threw flowers. It actually turned out cute and it was fun to walk down as a family.

The rest of the ceremony and reception was beautiful. Philip even surprised his bride by singing "Michelle" by The Beatles to her after their first dance. So sweet and you could tell Michelle loved it. After they drove off into the sunset, we all cleaned up and headed back to the house to eat pizza and hang out with my Uncle Kevin and Aunt Vickie who drove down from Kansas City. We had a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will post soon about the rest of our fun trip to Texas.

Daddy and the beautiful flower girl

Sarai and Mark, the ring bearer. He was so good with her!

The new couple during their first dance. Congratulations you two!

5 comments:

Anya said...

sarai makes a beautiful flower girl! just think....in only 20 years she could be walking down the aisle for real!!!!

Evie Evie Amber said...

I agree, a precious flower girl and I love the walk as a family option :)

Was the wedding at LCC? You've got to get a hold of more pictures, I'm dying ot see them!! So exciting! I should stop referring to him as "Little Philip" :)

Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

sarai is beautiful, eskai!! are you feeling good now?? hope so! what a crazy month it's been for you all!... i love that you all three walked down the aisle--what a precious memory that will be for you guys!! i hope there's a picture of it:) coming to joplin anytime soon??...:)

Emily said...

I think the whole family walking down the aisle sounds like fun. It's one of those things you can laugh about in the years to come.

Sarah said...

Sarai looks beautiful in that dress. Of course, she's beautiful in anything!